BUZZYBEE series offer convenient mounting, basic functions and compact storage. The rubber pad offers a good solution for carbon frames fitting as it does not apply pressure to the carbon tubes.
If you don’t need a bike rack with a tilting function to access the trunk, then the BUZZYBEE is the best possible option on the market.
The BUZZYBEE 2 is a very simple designed; simple, strong, secure and the best value for your money.
The BUZZYBEE 2 is very compact and light with a weight of 8.5kg!
Very compact geometry but fits most bike sizes!
Key features of the BUZZYBEE 2
Assembly: Even though it is not assembled, BUZZYBEE 2 is very easy to put together: assemble the wheel support frame to the base using 4 screws, assemble the light support with 2 more screws, install the license plate, slide in the plastic wheel supports, fit the rack to the tow ball with no tools needed and you are ready to go!
Fitting to the car: When you first place the BUZZYBEE 2 on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You’ll then take the weight again, spin the tightening knob until it’s tight, and lock it. BUZZRACK‘s carriers comply with the very exacting standard XPR-18-904-4 and therefore include an anti-sway tensioner; this has an integrated handle and 2 or 3 turns are usually sufficient. The video below shows the fitting to the car and the installation of bikes.
Lighting system: The BUZZYBEE 2 comes with a 7 pin lighting system. 7 pin to 13 pin adapter is not included but can be purchased as an option.
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases, even small children’s bikes. You can reverse the wheel supports for the really small bikes.
- The long wheel rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The BUZZYBEE 2 is entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber bike frame pads and high resistance straps hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 40kg, with no bike weighing more than 20kg
- Electric bikes up to 20kg may be carried, although the BUZZYBEE series is not optimised for e-bikes (see E-Scorpion for e-bikes); the down tube size is limited to 75mm diameter (3″); whatever bikes you have, always load the heaviest bikes nearest to the car.
There are no reviews yet.